I’ve written Mother’s Day posts in the past about my own remarkable mother, and this year I find it hard to believe that I’m a mother of my own (?!). Lucille probably has all kinds of plans for showing me how much she loves me – a few dirty diapers, some giggles… I’ll take it. Gifts aren’t necessary, but if you weeeere looking to get a mother in your life something special, I’ve compiled a little list of some of my favorite things right now.
1. I love these yarn pom pom flowers from Steph Loves Ben! I’d try and make them myself, but I don’t think I could do them this beautifully. They range from 7-10 inches long/tall and you can customize the colors (although I think this mustard is pretty great).
2. DeBrand Fine Chocolates. I could go on an on. Nate and I frequented their shops growing up (they’re based in Indiana) for their truffles, hot chocolate, and ice cream-served-in-chocolate-bowls. Nothing seemed more over the top (and perfect) then eating the bowl after finishing the ice cream. Sometimes we’d just gaze at the chocolates behind the glass and get a piece or two to go. If my word isn’t enough to convince you, and Oprah’s is, it’s been featured in ‘O’ Magazine as one of her favorite things.
3. A Mayfly Designs necklace (or earrings). What’s not to love?! :) Pick something out for Mother’s Day and get free shipping! Use code: MOMDAY during checkout…
4. Shea Butter and Olive natural soap from North Hill Soap Company. Made with 100% natural ingredients – with no detergents or parabens- North Hill makes all their soaps from scratch, cures them for a minimum of 4 weeks (I don’t even know what that means, but it sounds awesome), and cuts them by hand.
5. A minimalist handmade bag from Bagy Bags. I love so many things about this – the colors, pockets, durability – but more importantly that it can pass for a diaper bag and no one would know.
6. Another reason to use Tiny Prints – for their plethora of awesome gift options. You can customize a mug or even an iphone case, but I love their options for easel art. They offer different sizes, layouts, and designs for more occasions than just Mother’s Day, but we have yet to have any real photos of Lucille printed, and I trust Tiny Prints to do an exceptional job. I’d probably use one of these: ;)
Bonus: if you shop for a personalized Mother’s Day gift today (Thursday) through 8am tomorrow (PT), get 25% off using code DEAL0425!
7. Removable adhesive wall patterns? Yes please! It’s been over 4 years since we’ve lived in a place where we’re allowed to paint the walls, so I find this idea brilliant. Mur is an American interiors company based in Salt Lake City, and I think I’d buy any one of their designs/patterns – I love them all.
Well there you have it. Just a few ideas if you’re looking for a little something extra to add to your words of affirmation (my favorite), hugs, kisses, etc. this Mother’s Day. :)